Last year for Earth Day I brought you Be Green: 10 Simple Changes You Can Make At Home. Earth day is around the corner. So this year I’m bringing you 10 more simple changes you can make at home. These changes will help both your family and planet Earth.
By making these simple changes in your home you are helping to take steps to save the Earth. You are also helping your family live healthier lives by reducing your exposure to chemicals, including those found in plastics.
This page may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through a link this blog will receive a commission at no extra cost to you. You can read the full disclosure policy here
10 Simple Changes To Be More Green
1.Switch to a reusable food wrap, like these from
2. Buy plastic free toothpaste like this one from Weldental.
3. Use Natural Fertilizer. Many commercially produced fertilizers contain chemicals that run-off into our waterways. Therefore both our soil and water are being contaminated. I like Jobe’s Organic for my garden. We use milorganite for the lawn.
4. Go shop at a bulk store. When you shop at a bulk store you can bring your own reusable glass containers to fill up with the product you’re buying. Just be sure to have your container weighed at the store when it’s empty, so you are only paying for the product you’re purchasing.
5. Use glass storage containers to store your leftovers (and your bulk goods).
This page may contain affiliate links. You can read the full disclosure policy here. If you purchase something through a link on this page I will receive a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.
6. Purchase a reusable straw that you can keep in your bag.
7. If your coffee maker doesn’t come with a metal filter, purchase one. Ditch the paper filters that fill up the landfills and expose you to chemicals.
8. Consider using cloth diapers. Cloth diapers have a lot of options. You can choose all-in-ones, that work just like a disposable, but need to be washed instead of tossed. If you are okay with something that requires slightly more work, but is more cost-effective, then an all-in-two or a fitted with a cover, like these are great.
10. Plant a fruit tree in your yard. Planting a fruit tree will serve multiple purposes. Trees are great for the environment. When planting trees, your children will learn about gardening. They will also begin to learn about where their food comes from. A fruit tree can also be used to feed your family, as well as any wildlife in the area that might enjoy some fruit.
Making Changes To Be More Green
Make changes to be more green in your home. When you make these simple changes, you are reducing your exposure to toxins. Many of the above ideas also help to reduce greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases are the number one cause of global warming.
When we make the changes to reusables, instead of single-use items, we are helping to reduce our carbon footprint. By reducing your carbon footprint, you are taking a positive step towards slowing global warming.
Making Simple Changes for Earth Day
Have you made any changes to your life to be more eco-friendly? Will you be trying any, or all, of the above changes? Leave a comment and let me know what you’ve done to be more earth-friendly.
I would love to have you hang out with me and over 90K friends on Instagram!
If you enjoyed this post, please hit share and pin it on Pinterest or share it to your Facebook page!
Also, don’t forget to share with your friends on Facebook.