Last year for Earth Day I brought you Be Green: 10 Simple Changes You Can Make At Home. Earth day is around the corner. So this year I’m bringing you 10 more simple changes you can make at home. These changes will help both your family and planet Earth.
By making these simple changes in your home you are helping to take steps to save the Earth. You are also helping your family live healthier lives by reducing your exposure to chemicals, including those found in plastics.
10 Simple Changes To Be More Green
Switch to a reusable food wrap, like these from
2. Buy plastic free toothpaste like this one from Weldental.
3. Use Natural Fertilizer. Many commercially produced fertilizers contain chemicals that run-off into our waterways. Therefore both our soil and water are being contaminated. I like Jobe’s Organic for my garden. We use milorganite for the lawn.
4. Go shop at a bulk store. When you shop at a bulk store you can bring your own reusable glass containers to fill up with the product you’re buying. Just be sure to have your container weighed at the store when it’s empty, so you are only paying for the product your purchasing.
5. Use glass storage containers to store your leftovers (and your bulk goods).
This page may contain affiliate links. You can read the full disclosure policy here. If you purchase something through a link on this page I will receive a commission at no cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog.
6. Purchase a reusable straw that you can keep in your bag.
7. If you’re coffee maker doesn’t come with a metal filter, purchase one. Ditch the paper filters that fill up the landfills and expose you to chemicals.
8. Consider using cloth diapers. Cloth diapers have a lot of options. You can choose all-in-ones, that works just like a disposable, but need to be washed instead of tossed. If you are okay with something that requires slightly more work, but is more cost-effective, than an all-in-two or a fitted with a cover, like these are great.
10. Plant a fruit tree in your yard. Planting a fruit tree will serve multiple purposes. Trees are great for the environment. When planting trees, your children will learn about gardening. They will also begin to learn about where their food comes from. A fruit tree can also be used to feed your family, as well as any wildlife in the area that might enjoy some fruit.
Making Changes To Be More Green
Make changes to be more green in your home. When you make these simple changes, you are reducing your exposure to toxins. Many of the above ideas also help to reduce greenhouse gases. Greenhouse gases are the number one cause of global warming.
When we make the changes to reusables, instead of single use items, we are helping to reduce our carbon footprint. By reducing your carbon footprint, you are taking a positive step towards slowing global warming.
The Breastfeeding Essentials
Have you made any changes to your life to be more eco-friendly? Will you be trying any, or all, of the above changes? Leave a comment and let me know what you’ve done to be more earth-friendly.
Till next time…